Got large music collection on your MAC or PC and want to play it from iPhone or iPad? With Evermusic it’s very simple. Just connect your computer using SMB protocol and stream your music without taking up extra device space and synchronization hassle. You can also transfer audio files wirelessly between the computer and iOS device using Wi-Fi Drive.
First you need is enable SMB protocol on your computer. On your MAC open System Preferences -> Sharing.
- Enable File Sharing service.
- Add you music folder in “Shared Folders” section, add user and select permission level (Read & Write or Read Only).
- You can select “Everyone:Read Only” for added music folder and simply connect that folder in Evermusic by tapping on it in “Available Shares” section.
- Remember computer URL (smb://192.168.xx.xx) we will use it in next steps.
- Tap “Options” and enable “Share files and folders using SMB”
- Enable “Windows File Sharing” for available accounts.
If you have Windows PC:
- Right click on music folder
- Select “Properties”
- Open tab “Sharing”
- Click “Share…”
- Choose people to share with and permission level
- You can select “Everyone:Read” for selected music folder and simply connect that folder in Evermusic by tapping on it in “Available Shares” section.
- Click “Done”
Click “Done” in “File Sharing” window and remember folder path.
Now open Evermusic and navigate to the “Network” Tab
If you see your computer in “Available Shares” section and you selected “Anyone:Read Only” in previous step just tap on your computer and it will be connected automatically.
If this doesn’t happen you should add your computer manually:
- Tap “Add Account”
- Select “SMB” in “Add account” screen
In “SMB” Settings screen:
- Enter server URL with shared folder path. You may enter server name or server IP.
- Enter Login and Password or leave these fields blank if you selected “Anyone:Read Only” in previous step
- “WORKGROUP” field is optional and it should be used if you have Active Directory Domain
Once you connected your SMB Account it appears in “Accounts” section. Open connected account and navigate to the music folder. Tap on any audio file to start player.
Enjoy your music